6,867 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Carvanha Cascade [M]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 10:03:55 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was a good thing Josh had ultimately decided to capture Torvie, his newly-fitted Swampert, when he went to the Safari Zone in search of Eevee. He would be immediately getting mileage out of the Ground-type. Unlike most of Josh's Pokémon whose gear was minimal beyond saddle, bit, and bridle, his Swampert's gear included stirrups. Not because his Pokémon was difficult to mount, but because he needed to keep the mud out of his trousers! As the Ranger and Leader got used to the Water-type's swimming stroke and relatively modest pace, at least compared to the breakneck speed the rest of his team had, he reviewed the mission briefing.

TO: Josh Devlin (josh.devlin@hoennleague.gov)
CC: (razz.kingsman@hoennrangers.gov)
MISSION: "Carvanha Cascade"
PROTOCOL: Search-and-Rescue
DANGER: ★★★☆☆

A large school of Carvanha have capsized three hovercraft near the Seviper's Remains, well northwest of Route 123's main thoroughfare. One death and multiple injuries have been confirmed. Your mission is to locate and rescue the remaining survivors. Due to how remote the location is, we have been unable to triangulate the survivors' coordinates.

Time is of the essence; while Carvanha are dangerous predators, they are not the only predatory Pokémon in the vast swamps. Water-type and Flying-type Pokémon are recommended, but be ready for anything. The ecology of the area surrounding the Seviper's Remains is not well documented.

As a reminder, Ranger Devlin, you are still under probation per the Head Ranger's orders. Elite Ranger Kingsman has been assigned as your superior. You will obey his orders without question. Insubordination will be met with disciplinary action, up to and including revocation of your Ranger License.

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

Wait, Razz was assigned to Josh as his superior for this mission? What were and thinking? They had both seen how much of a kerfuffle they had gotten into at Lilycove! Was there not a single other Elite Ranger available to supervise Josh? There was no way this mission was going to end in anything but a disaster...right?

{WC: 343}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Torvie        Swampert       Good
Winky         Greninja       Good
Snacker       Sharpedo       Good
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
Pazuzu        Pidgeot        Good
Illumina      Lanturn        Good
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
Carvanha Cascade [M]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 10:38:36 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

Nope, this is me putting a get along shirt on the two of you, now have fun and as usual do Silph Co. proud
[break]

Is the reply Razz get's back to his 'is this a joke?' text toward his dispatcher, Rosé, over at Silph Co. which made Razz roll his eye. Why couldn't the man understand he's just not good with people? Ah well least it isn't the other guy, and not only that he knows how to be professional. This was a simple mission to over look, and while he is sure he could do this on his own, maybe this was a chance to see how good of a Ranger the other was. [break][break]

It doesn't take him long to arrive where he is needed, the Silph Ranger as quick as a jet when he needed to be. He sends off a message to the older Ranger that he'll be waiting for him. By the time the cadet arrives he would notice Razz is already on the water on top of his Metagross with a disguised Salem on with him. Looking down at the murky water as if looking for something.

[break][break]

[break]+
[break]+ Mission: Oct. A Deadly Job
[break]+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,867 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Carvanha Cascade [M]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2022 1:27:10 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The blue uniform and spiky hair confirmed Josh's worst fears: Razz indeed was his Commanding Ranger for this mission. It was as though the Head Ranger wanted to see him canned. He wasn't going to let the happen, though; Josh bit his lip as he coaxed a little more speed out of Torvie to catch up to the Metagross. "Hello, Elite Ranger Kingsman," Josh greeted his younger superior as he also sent out Resheph, his Dragonair. The Pokémon let out her normal greeting coo, though she could sense the tension in her trainer's body language.

"Not having coordinates is a bit of a pain, but we'll make it happen," Josh continued as his eyes shifted for signs of the three missing hovercraft as well as aquatic predators, such as the aforementioned Carvanha. Those Pokémon were no joke; Josh regularly rode a Sharpedo, though doing so through stagnant water like this was asking for trouble. Even tamed, the Bully of the Sea was a handful, and had bucked him off multiple times before. "Off the record, I think Lars is trying to get us both canned, and I don't know why. My plan was to have Resheph do aerial recon and Torvie help with the actual rescue. If we have enough Pokémon, maybe even try to recover the hovercraft. But if you have another idea, I'll follow your lead. I just want to get these people out of here and get back to Mauville." Razz may have been able to hear Josh mutter under his breath, "even if it's a worse idea than mine."

{WC: 266}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
Carvanha Cascade [M]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 19:03:42 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz simply gives off a nod to greet the other, never being one of too many words if he feels the situation doesn't call for it. Still looking down as if waiting for something as the other approaches him as close he could seeing how Razz was floating over the water with the use of his Metagross. [break][break]

"Off the record," Razz repeats the other with the same tone before going back to his usual monotone manner, "I don't care what Anderson is trying here, he couldn't do anything about my employment even if he wanted to and there isn't much for you to worry about seeing as you easily have the Gym Leadership to fall back on hmmm?" he comments as he is quite while the other gives his plan. And while he honestly would be fine with going with the other's plan the insult at the end pushes a nerve. [break][break]

"You and Vice are birds of a feather aren't you? No wonder you defended him, I maybe half blind but I'm not half deaf Devlin and for your information," its right then that the Whiscash comes out and gives the ranger a nod before point in a direction, "I know which way they are, so we'll go there I can help the people, you're Dragonair can help if she wants, while you focus on watching our backs against the shiver got it?" its a rhetorical question as it wasn't up for debate. Honestly as a cadet the other wasn't making any good impressions. [break][break]

Hopefully he made a better Gym Leader, as Razz expected him to be more than enough to defeat them while not having to worry. With that said Razz would whistle for Cobalt to follow the Whiscash who had used her whiskers and anticipation to locate where their targets were.

[break][break]

[break]+
[break]+

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,867 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Carvanha Cascade [M]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 9:45:30 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Elite Ranger Kingsman was certainly one of few words. His monotone voice was unnerving, but that was just how the Silph Ranger was. It wasn't quite that simple for Josh, though. "Being fired as a Ranger certainly wouldn't help my reputation as a Leader, that's for damn sure." Josh rarely cursed. If he did, he really wanted to emphasize a point. That or he was quite frustrated with his situation. Or in this case, both.

"I won't mince words with you, Elite Ranger Kingsman," Josh continued addressing Razz formally out of respect for his superior, "Cadet Vice was the very first person I recruited. We're best friends outside our duties, too. He's a very capable Ranger. He's just not good with people. That's all." Torvie's eyes shifted about, keeping an eye out for survivors and wild Pokémon.

While Josh wasn't happy to be unable to take the initiative, he was caught between a Roggenrola and a hard place. He listened to Razz's plan and simply nodded. "Understood," he acknowledged in the same tone his boss used. "Resheph, go help the Elite Ranger look for survivors." With a coo, the Dragonair advanced near Razz and his Pokémon, ready to follow his instructions. The Gym Leader directed Torvie to a muddy islet and dismounted, reversing the position of some of the Swampert's gear. Adjustments complete, he hopped back on Torvie and caught up with Razz, this time riding him backwards to best perform his duty of rear guard. Carvanha were commonplace here, and it was only a matter of time before they ran into a school of them.

{WC: 268}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
Carvanha Cascade [M]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 10:31:07 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

"Kingsman is fine," because even as someone who has been raised to stick to titles and formalities of last names of those you're doing business with, having the extra was much even for him. "Neither am I, yet you don't see me wishing the disabled harm do you?" he counters as they travel airing out his biggest grievance with . And seeing how the Gym Leader recruited him, he wasn't on the best terms with him either. Though in the back of his mind he's cursing Rosé most. [break][break]

Its not long before both Rangers spot the half sunken ship with one injured man visible, waving his hat with one arm, as he kept an injured arm cradled to his chest. "Target acquired," Razz comments though the Whiscash picks up moment in the water as they approach. The whisker pokemon looking back and seemingly tries to signal the Gym Leader. "Counting on you Devlin," the elite tells him clearly trying to enact some sense of trust in the other as he ignores the pokemon and heads toward the captain on the ship. [break][break]

The young ranger trying to get a headcount of who was around, who was injured, and thinks the best way this could be done without intensifying their wounds.

[break][break]

[break]+
[break]+

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#387bc9;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,867 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Carvanha Cascade [M]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 9:23:15 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Understood, Kingsman," Josh replied, nearly monotone. He wanted to argue with the Elite, but he stowed his emotions, knowing his job as a Ranger -- and perhaps as a Gym Leader too -- was on the line. He just wanted to get this operation over with. Resheph squealed shortly after Razz announced targets had been located. The Ranger on probation glanced forward, and sure enough, he had located several, but not all, of the victims. There was still one unaccounted for.

"Roger," Josh answered, turning his focus to looking out for intruders. While Razz was addressing the problem of getting the victims to safety, the Leader sent out another of his big water Pokémon preemptively: Snacker, a great blue Sharpedo, joined Torvie in keeping watch. The ambiance of distant buzzing insects and croaking of amphibian Pokémon was interrupted by violent splashing to Josh's right, accompanied by a series of Carvanha cries. "Kingsman, Carvanha school at your nine o'clock."

Snacker outsped any of his younger evolutionary relatives handily, especially with his potent SPEED BOOST, but their sheer numbers made this tricky. The elder Water-type gave the school a death stare, demanding that they back down. Meanwhile, Torvie positioned himself as close to where Razz and the victims were, trying to PROTECT them from the dagger-like fangs the wild Pokémon had brandished.

{WC: 221}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
Carvanha Cascade [M]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 9:17:42 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

"This everyone?" Razz asked the injured man who seemed to shake his head before using his head to point toward the hull. Seems like another was more injured and was inside with a first aid kit with one of the other crewmen while the rest were out to try and call for help. Razz has Cobalt use PSYCHIC to help a few of the men sit on the psychic pokemon so he could get them across. Josh calling his name catches his attention as it seems the high number of Carvanha made it difficult for the other and his Wishcash to keep up. [break][break]

Thankfully the Swampert was there with a protect but it seems like more pokemon might be needed to help with numbers. Salem then gets in the way before wailing with a DISARMING VOICE to knock away a few. "Salem stay with Cobalt and keep them safe while they transfer these men," he orders as Salem jumps onto the Metagross as it begins to cross. [break][break]

Meanwhile Razz calls for two more pokemon: Alakazam, and his Greninja Royal. One to go to the other men and teleport them out while the Keystone on his belt begins to glow and Royal Mega Evolves to help with the fight in keeping the school back. "Do what you need to protect the men, or support the other Ranger got it?" he tells Royal and gives a nod to Josh as if to tell him he is leaving things outside to him while he enters the boat to assess the injuries.

[break][break]

[break]+
[break]+

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,867 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Carvanha Cascade [M]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 9:16:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Torvie served as the shield Razz and his squad needed to keep Razz, Salem, and Cobalt safe while they evacuated the victims to safety. He had a powerful Alakazam to help as well, the Kantonian psychic-type boasting one of the longest ranges on a Teleport known worldwide. It seemed the Silph Elite had things mostly handled with the victims. Josh nodded back as Royal Mega Evolved and joined his water-types that had their hands full with the wilds undeterred by the Disarming Voice. Even without verbal communication, it was clear that he was leaving protecting the boat entirely in Josh's hands. He gave a thumbs-up. "Good luck!"

Josh knew the few Carvanha that didn't stand down after both Snacker's stare and Salem's DISARMING VOICE were stubborn and would not easily back down. They were, however, showing signs of weakness. "Torvie, Winky! Help Royal fortify the boat! Snacker, we're going after them!" He trusted the three Water-types to keep Razz and those to be rescued safe.

One thing Josh learned while he was on probation was the value of catch-and-release. Another heavy blow to the weakened, but berserk, Carvanha would run the risk of killing them. Even if they were merely wild Pokémon, Josh still cared about them! They, just like his own team, had families, and there would be no need to upend their friends' lives. With a healthy supply of Net Balls, he would weave around the speedy aquatic Pokémon in an effort to start capturing the few Pokémon that remained. Of course, he would release them all back into the water when the rescue was over.

{WC: 271}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
Carvanha Cascade [M]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 12:35:10 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

Despite their numbers it was clear they were out matched. With the Gym Leader's efforts in shortening their numbers with captures, and now a Mega pokemon on the side of the Rangers. It seems some sense had been kicked into the remaining of them as they retreat. Royal gives a simple 'tch' noise for how dare they even try to take them on. [break][break]

By the time the pokemon and Gym leader were done taking care of the wild Carvanha Razz would have already been on land having teleported with the ship's injured captain. One of his pokemon was helping with in injuries with a HEALING PULSE while Cobalt was dropping off the other shipmates. would see Razz on the phone calling for a team for support and take these mean to a proper hospital as the healing pulse was a decent band aide at best. [break][break]

Once his call his done he does join the group again, looking to Josh, "Thanks for your help there, you did uhhh good..." his hesitance comes more from his lack of practice rather than any issues he currently has with the other. Though he's always been known for his communication skills being horrendous.

[break][break]

[break]+
[break]+

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,867 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Carvanha Cascade [M]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 20:57:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
With the efforts of Razz's transformed Greninja and Josh's water-types, the swarm of dark-type predators backed down, securing an exit point for the Silph Ranger and the Ranger on probation. There were no further human casualties; the duo had performed beyond expectations. A medical team would be on the way to airlift them to Mauville, where they could get the treatment they needed. By the time Josh returned, Razz had gotten off the phone, stopping to thank him for the job well done.

Josh at first didn't know how to react. Perhaps the Silph Elite wasn't as insensitive as he thought. The meeting in Lilycove was tense, after all; it was inevitable that emotions would spill over. While Razz was stern, Josh got to see a more human side of him, for lack of a better word in his mind. "...Thank you. It was all by your directive, though. You should take credit where credit is due. If you feel you owe me a favor, put in the good word for me, and let know."

As Josh withdrew his aquatic Pokémon and sent Pazuzu out, ready to take to the skies himself, one more thought crossed his mind.

"And Razz? I'm sorry for yelling at you. Will you forgive me?"

{WC: 212}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
Carvanha Cascade [M]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 9:21:20 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

The younger ranger gives the other a stern look with his one eye. Curious if the other was sucking up because he wanted a 'good word' in his report later seeing how the other man literally insulted him in the beginning. Though maybe now that the job was done the other was trying to make up for certain things. Especially now as he seemed to try and apologize for originally yelling at him. He is silent at first unsure of how he wanted to word how he felt. More often than not his words were misconceived as he tends to word things poorly. [break][break]

"I'm far from being in a position in thinking people can't do better," he eventually replies not really caring if the other understands what he means or not. Razz knows he has done far worse then yelling at someone to which he hopes he'll eventually get that forgiveness. So far be it from him to deny another an attempt at an apology, "I hold no grudges for the yelling Devlin, so hopefully next we meet this will be less uhhh awkward?" with that he waves off the other with casual dismissal as he plans to stay until the recovery team comes.

[break][break]

[break]+
[break]+

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,632 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Carvanha Cascade [M]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 22:57:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven